Original unpublished horror novels (or long novellas) for our 2020/2021 schedule. I am looking for 8-10 novels, but I’m only going to choose 2-3 novellas, so the bar will be very high for that format.Length: 25K to 125K (with the sweet spot around 80K-90K). Please query for longer. I do have a soft spot for the fat horror books from the 80s (Think King’s IT or McCammon’s SWAN SONG), so it’s not a hard upper limit. Nothing shorter will be considered, though.
Manuscripts in the following subgenres will be favored, but we are willing consider other subjects:
• Creature horror (cryptids/multicultural myths especially interest us)
• Weird west/other historical horror
• Coming of Age Horror
• SciFi Horror
• Supernatural horror
• Apocalyptic TEOTWAWKI scenarios
• I will consider YA, but it will have to blow me away for me to choose it.
* Limited submission windows. Currently open to submissions until December 31, 2019.
Payment: Royalty split and author copies (with the opportunity to buy more author copies at 50% of list price).
Submission Guidelines: https://bloodshotbooks.wordpress.com/2019/05/25/get-your-manuscripts-ready/